Welcome NPA Dental Service
The NPA Dental Service provides dental care to all eligible AU residents. The service is free at the point of use for those aged under 18, full-time students, pregnant women, and those receiving certain benefits. For everyone else, there is a charge for dental treatment.
The NHS offers a wide range of dental services, including:
- Routine checkups
- -Teeth whitening
If you are registered with an NPA Dental Service, you can book an appointment for a routine checkup or treatment whenever you need to. You do not need to wait for a scheduled appointment.
You can still receive emergency dental treatment from an NPA Dental Service near you if you are not. You will be charged for this treatment.
What are the types of dental treatment?
There are many types of dental treatments available to help you maintin healthy teeth and gums. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Brushing and flossing: Regular brushing and flossing is the best way to prevent cavities and gum disease. Be sure to use a soft-bristled brush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Dental sealants: Dental sealants are thin, plastic coatings that are applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. Sealants protect teeth from decay by keeping out food and plaque.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride helps to prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to decay. Fluoride can be applied in the form of a gel, foam, or varnish. It can also be found in some toothpaste and mouth rinses.
- Dental crowns: A dental crown is a custom-made covering that fits over an existing tooth. Crowns are used to protect weak or damaged teeth or to improve the appearance of mishapen or discoloured teeth.
- Dental implants: A dental implant is a metal post surgically implanted into the jawbone. An artificial tooth (crown) is then attached to the post. Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth.
What is the purpose of dental services?
Dental services are designed to maintain the health of your teeth and gums. They can also improve the appearance of your smile. Regular dental checkups and cleanings can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
What are the three classifications of dental services?
Dental services can be classified into three broad categories: prevntive, restorative, and cosmetic.
Preventive dental care is focused on keeping your teeth and gums healthy and free of disease. This includes regular teeth cleanings, fluride treatments, sealants, and more.
Restorative dental care is necessary when damage or decay has occurred. This can include fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures.
Cosmetic dental care is elctive and is done to improve the appearance of your smle. This can include teeth whitening, veneers, bonding, and more.
Which dental treatment is best?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best dental treatment will depend on your individual needs and preferences. However, when choosing a dental treatment, some factors include the severity of your dental problem, your budget, and your dentist’s recommendation. If you are unsure which dental treatment is best for you, ask your dentist for their professional opinion.